Shell Rotella Lubrication Limited Warranty
Shell Rotella Lubrication Limited Warranty
Covering vehicle engine parts for do-it-yourself and installed customers by SOPUS Products.SOPUS Products warrants you, the vehicle owner or lessee whose name appears on the front of this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty document ("you"), that it will repair or replace, at its option and at its expense, the engine parts listed below, that fail on account of engine wear or which experience abnormal wear, because Shell Rotella® heavy-duty diesel engine oil failed to provide proper lubrication. The Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty includes all the terms listed below. This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty is free. This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty is available to customers who change their own oil or have their oil changed by an installer, truck service center, commercial fast oil change facility, or truck dealer and who use Shell Rotella® motor oil. SOPUS Products reserves the right at any time and from time to time, without notice, to revise and/or terminate the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty. In the event the warranty program is modified, the modifications will apply to and be binding on all new participants as of the date of the modifications. THIS SHELL ROTELLA® LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. ALL WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE TERMS AND DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY. SOPUS PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT, HOWEVER CAUSED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED LIMITED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS SHELL ROTELLA® LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS SHELL ROTELLA® LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY.
- How Long Does the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty Last:
It takes effect six (6) months after your first purchase of eligible Shell Rotella® heavy-duty diesel engine oil. As long as you comply with your obligations of this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty, your vehicle's Listed Engine Parts (defined below) will be covered against lubrication-caused failure from the time you were eligible for this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty program as follows:
- Up to 10 years or 500,000 miles (whichever is first) – if you exclusively use Shell Rotella® T6 Full Synthetic engine oil.
- Up to 10 years or 300,000 miles (whichever is first) – if you exclusively use Shell Rotella® T4 Triple Protection® 15W-40, Shell Rotella® Gas Truck & SUV or Shell Rotella® T5 Synthetic Blend 10W-30, 10W-40 engine oils. 10 year / 300,000 miles begins at vehicle manufacture date.
- You may change your level of warranty protection at any time as long as your vehicle is within 50,000 miles and within 24 months old.
- Once your vehicle has more than 50,000 miles or is more than 24 months old, you may only change from 10 years/500,000 miles warranty protection to 10 years/300,000 miles warranty protection. The change becomes effective as soon as you stop using Shell Rotella® T6 Full Synthetic engine oil and start using either Shell Rotella® T4 Triple Protection, Shell Rotella® Gas Truck & SUV or Shell Rotella® T5 Synthetic Blend engine oil products. This change cannot be reversed.
- Product names may change or a product may be substituted or discontinued without notice at SOPUS Products' sole discretion.
- Vehicles used, registered or leased for off-road, agricultural or competition purposes do not qualify for the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty.
- What Engine Parts Are Covered ("Listed Engine Parts"):
- Cylinder Lining or Bore
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Engine Connecting Rods and Rod Bearings
- Cam Shaft and Bearings
- Crankshaft and Bearings
- Rocker Arms and Pivots
- Lube Pump Assembly
- Gear Train Gears
- Wrist Pins and Bushings
- Valve Lifter
- What You Do as Part of the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty Program:
- Enroll online at www.rotellawarranty.com. (Except California and Michigan residents.)
- Service your vehicle's engine with an eligible Shell Rotella® heavy-duty diesel engine oil, in the service classification and viscosity grade that is appropriate for your vehicle as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
- SOPUS Products requires you to change your vehicle's oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Replace your vehicle's air filter and air cleaner element at least as often as your vehicle manufacturer recommends, and maintain your vehicle's emission control system in accordance with your vehicle manufacturer's recommendations.
- Follow all scheduled engine maintenance recommendations by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Update your oil change records online at least once every twelve (12) months, even if no oil change has taken place, on the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty website so you can maintain your coverage (except California and Michigan residents).
- FOR CALIFORNIA AND MICHIGAN RESIDENTS: UNDER CALIFORNIA AND MICHIGAN LAW, THIS IS A PRODUCT REGISTRATION. CALIFORNIA AND MICHIGAN RESIDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER THEIR PRODUCTS TO MAKE THEIR WARRANTY EFFECTIVE. CALIFORNIA AND MICHIGAN RESIDENTS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SHELL ROTELLA® LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY.
- If you have your oil professionally changed and your vehicle's engine and emission control system professionally serviced by a heavy duty installer, truck dealer, truck stop, automotive center, commercial fast oil change facility, gasoline service station, or auto dealer, save all of your receipts.
- If you change your own oil, you must save all your receipts from a merchant or retailer showing your required Shell Rotella® oil and filter purchases, as well as your receipts for having your engine and emission control system serviced.
- Keep these receipts in a safe place.
- If you have a claim, you must be able to show SOPUS Products that you used Shell Rotella® engine oil, and satisfy all other requirements, before you will be eligible for reimbursement under this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty.
- To ensure you do not forget to update your records online, at your request, we will send you up to three reminders within the two months prior to the deadline via the e-mail account you used to set up your account on the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty website. If you do not update your records, your account will be inactivated and you will no longer be covered under the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty program. To reactivate the account, you will have to re-register and follow the program terms and conditions.
- What Else Is Important (including Eligibility and Exclusions):
- The Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty is valid for vehicles that are registered to operate in the U.S. fifty (50) states and District of Columbia (DC) only.
- Vehicles must be registered prior to 50,000 miles and 24 months of vehicle manufacture date.
- SOPUS Products will consider your claim for payment if you show that you complied with all of the terms and conditions of this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty, unless SOPUS Products can show in good faith that one or more excluded conditions set forth below caused your claimed damage(s).
- This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty only covers Class 1 – Class 8 vehicles with heavy-duty diesel engines used in on-road applications with a gross vehicular weight of 80,000 pounds or less that you own or lease, and which have been driven 50,000 miles or less when you first used an eligible Shell Rotella® engine oil and whose manufactured date is within the last 24 months of your first use of an eligible Shell Rotella® engine oil ("Eligible Vehicle"). If the Eligible Vehicle is leased, it may be covered, but only if you are an individual, or a Business Entity, and are primarily obligated for repairs and maintenance.
- This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty is transferable. You can transfer this Lubrication Limited Warranty before your vehicle has been driven 75,000 miles, but only if the person you transfer it to has copies of your receipts or can prove your compliance with the terms of the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty. You must start the transfer process via the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty website. For more details, contact Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty headquarters at 1-866-321-3491. Note: For California and Michigan residents who have not registered online, you must be able to show proof that the transfer took place within the mileage requirements and compliance with the other terms of the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty.
- This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in competitive events, or which are subject to abnormal driving conditions.
- This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty does not cover claims that result from (1) pre-existing conditions (which may be verified through an oil spectrochemical analysis, at SOPUS Products' discretion), (2) collision, negligence or intentional abuse, (3) improper service or maintenance, (4) defect in manufacture or Listed Engine Parts, or caused by parts that are not Listed Engine Parts, (5) improper installation of any part, or (6) failure to maintain motor oil or engine coolant at levels prescribed by the manufacturer. This Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty also does not cover any consequential or incidental damages.
- If your repair claim is covered by the vehicle manufacturer's limited warranty or any extended service contract, you cannot collect again from SOPUS Products. However, if your extended service contract contains a deductible amount, SOPUS Products will pay your deductible amount if the extended service contract covers a claim also covered by this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty.
- PAYMENT OF CLAIMS IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) CLAIM FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT OF "QUALIFIED REPAIR EXPENSES" THAT YOU ACTUALLY PAY TO REPAIR COVERED DAMAGES. "Qualified Repair Expenses" are defined as (1) actual parts and labor expenses necessarily incurred to repair damaged "Listed Engine Parts" only, which shall be no more than the time to make repairs or to replace the "Listed Engine Parts" allocated by Chilton's Flat Rate Guide or other industry accepted flat rate guide times (x) the commercial repair shop's posted hourly rate, plus (+), if necessary, the reasonable cost of a replacement engine part of like kind and quality; and (2) expenses incurred within the warranty coverage duration as stated above. THE PAYMENT OF A CLAIM IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF $6,000.00 FOR CLASS 1-6 VEHICLES AND $10,000.00 FOR CLASS 7-8 VEHICLES OR THE ACTUAL CASH VALUE OF THE VEHICLE AS DETERMINED BY AN INDEPENDENT APPRAISER.
- You will void this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty if your application or other information submitted contains untrue information, or if your vehicle is not an Eligible Vehicle.
- The Rotella Lubrication Limited Warranty is only available to legal residents of the United States.
- The use of any aftermarket oil additive will void the warranty.
- What to Do If You Have A Claim:
- You must start a claim online via the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty website BEFORE you have any repairs made. If you have any questions, you may contact warranty headquarters by calling (toll free) 1-866-321-3491. Upon receiving authorization from the claims administrator, you may have repairs under the Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty made by the truck dealer from whom your vehicle was purchased or leased, or in the repair shop of your choice.
- Before repairs are made to your vehicle, you must provide the claims administrator with all of the following:
- A copy of your Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty (except if you're a California or Michigan resident) and all receipts showing oil changes or purchases using an eligible Shell Rotella® engine oil, with dates (receipts must be printed, not handwritten, and must clearly show an eligible Shell Rotella® engine oil was used as per the terms and conditions of the program);
- Copies of all other service and repair orders that will verify compliance with the terms of this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty;
- A copy of your lease agreement if the vehicle is leased;
- A copy of the current vehicle registration card;
- A complete statement of damage and repair costs;
- A sample of the motor oil and the damaged parts at the time of the claim, if requested by SOPUS Products.
- SOPUS Products may, at its discretion and at its own expense, conduct such further investigation as may be required to determine the cause of the claimed problem and your eligibility for reimbursement of the repair claims.
- If you have complied with the terms and conditions of this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty, SOPUS Products will approve the claim and make payment, as provided in this Shell Rotella® Lubrication Limited Warranty, after the repairs are completed.
Go to top
Website Terms and Conditions
This Web site is owned by Pennzoil-Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products (“Company”). This Web site is intended to provide you with information regarding the Shell Rotella Lubrication Limited Warranty offered by the Company. By accessing, using, or downloading material from this Web site, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
United States Forum – This Web site is intended solely for use in the United States. Activities involving certain countries may require compliance with various laws and regulations. Therefore, visitors to this Web site who are located in or affiliated with a country other than the United States should immediately exit this Web site.
Agreements – The transactions you conduct through this Web site may be subject to written agreements between the Company and you. The information, products and services contained in this Web site do not change the terms of your written agreements with the Company. However, you agree to be bound by the transactions you conduct through this Web site.
Password – You may receive a password to access certain areas of this Web site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you fully log off from the Web site at the end of each session. This Web site does not require you to change your password; however, the Company encourages you to periodically change your password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Use Restrictions – All the content on this Web site, including all the text, graphics, logos, designs, titles, button icons, photographs, graphs, sounds, data, images, audio and video clips available on this Web site (“Content”), is the property of the Company or its content suppliers, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. The compilation, collection, selection, arrangement, assembly and coordination of all Content available on this Web site is the exclusive property of the Company and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. All the Content available on this Web site may only be used by you in connection with your personal or business activities with the Company. You may make copies of selected portions of the Content with Company’s prior written consent, provided that such copies are made only for the purpose of your personal or business activities with the Company, and only if you maintain any proprietary notices contained in such Content. Any other use, including, but not limited to, the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the Content for any other purposes, is strictly prohibited.
Disclaimer – THIS WEB SITE AND THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROMOTIONS AND PROGRAMS CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROMOTIONS AND PROGRAMS CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS DISCLAIMER ALSO APPLIES TO YOUR USE OF ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THIS WEB SITE.
Accuracy – The Company attempts to be as accurate as possible, however, the information and materials contained in this Web site may not be current. The Company makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained in this Web site or in any Web site linked to or from this Web site. The Company expressly disclaims liability for any errors or omissions in the information or materials contained in this Web site or in any Web site linked to or from the Web site, and also disclaims any duty to update the information or materials or to advise you when the information or materials are revised or discovered to be inaccurate, incomplete or erroneous.
The Company may invalidate any transaction that is based on erroneous or inaccurate information supplied to this Web site by any person or the Company, its employees, contractors, or agents.
Links – This Web site may include links to external Web sites. These links are provided in order to help you quickly and easily find relevant Web sites, services and/or products that may be of interest to you. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these Web sites are suitable for your purposes. Also, you may have linked to this Web site from an external Web site. We are not responsible for the owners or operators of any of these Web sites nor for any information, goods or services they supply nor for the content of their Web sites. Nothing contained in this Web site should be construed as an endorsement by the Company of any of the external Web sites. We do not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these Web sites nor accept any liability in relation to any of these Web sites (including, but not limited to, any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external Web site infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
Viruses – The Company expressly disclaims any liability for any damage to your computer, information system, or other property due to your use of this Web site or your downloading any materials, text or images from this Web site, including, but not limited to, damage caused by viruses that may infect your computer or information system.
Trademarks – The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and other indications of origin displayed in this Web site are owned by the Company or a third party who has granted the Company a right to use them. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting any person or entity the right to use any such marks displayed here without the written permission of the owner. Other product and company names mentioned in this Web site may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
Proprietary Information and Submissions – The Company does not wish to receive confidential or proprietary information from any user through its use of this Web site. If users of this Web site are (or are employed by) a competitor of the Company, users agree not to submit any competitively sensitive information, including, but not limited to, information with respect to the users’ (or their employer’s) customer lists, supply, inventory, output, territories, markets, prices, and other sales arrangements for services and products that compete with services and products of the Company. Should any user of this Web site respond with information such as feedback data, questions, comments, suggestions, postings, or the like regarding this Web site or any products, services, promotions, programs or policies, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and will become the property of the Company, and the Company shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, display, disclose, publish, broadcast, and distribute the information to others without any limitation or obligation whatsoever (including, but not limited to, the obligation to compensate user in any way). Users agree not to submit any material to this Web site that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable or that consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” Users may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead the Company as to the origin of the material or other content. The Company reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
Changes – The Company reserves the right to make changes to this Web site and to any products, services, promotions, programs, or policies described in this Web site, and to suspend or terminate this Web site or the products, services, promotions, programs, or policies at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
Kerry Group, LLC
523 Hanley Industrial Ct
St. Louis, MO 63144
Go to top
This Web site is owned by Pennzoil-Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products (“Company”). This Web site is intended to provide you with information regarding The Shell Rotella Lubrication Limited Warranty offered by the Company. By accessing, using or downloading material from this Web site, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
For each user of this Web site, the Company’s Web server automatically recognizes the user’s domain name and e-mail address (where possible). Please be advised that if a user gives his/her ID or password to another person to use to log on to this Web site, that person will be treated as if he/she is the original user.
The Company may collect:
- The domain name and the e-mail address of users of this Web site
- The e-mail addresses of those who post messages to any bulletin board on this Web site
- The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with the Company via e-mail
- The e-mail addresses of those who make postings to any chat areas on this Web site
- Aggregate and user-specific information, such as:
- What pages users access or visit
- IP address used for tracking
- Information volunteered by the user, such as:
- Survey information
- Vehicle and vehicle service information
- Personal contact information
- Site registrations
- Information about the transactions the user conducts on this Web site
What information may be needed with respect to Customers:
Customer participation is voluntary and may require customers to provide:
- Company name and contact information
- Company logo
- Company’s customer e-mail and phone numbers
The information the Company collects is used in order to:
- Communicate of company and customer specific offers, product information, promotional and advertising communications and service reminders used to improve the content of this website customize any content or layouts of this website for individual users
- Conduct internal reviews
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- Process requests applications submitted by you
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
- Create products or services that may meet your needs
- Share with other reputable organizations to help them
- Contact users for marketing purposes and commercial purposes
With respect to cookies:
- Store user preferences
- Record session information
- Record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit
- Alert visitors to new areas that the Company thinks might be of interest to them when they return to this Web site
- Record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when users return to this Web site
- Ensure that users are not repeatedly sent the same banner ads
- Customize this Web site’s content based on users’ browser type or other information that the user sends
With respect to children:
This Web site is intended for users who are 18 years old or older. Therefore, the Company does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
From time to time, the Company may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this privacy notice. If the Company’s information practices change at some time in the future, the Company will post the policy changes to this Web site to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at this Web site periodically.
With respect to security:
The Company has appropriate security measures in place in its physical facilities to minimize the loss, misuse or alteration of information that the Company has collected from users through this Web site. If you feel that this Web site is not following its stated information policy or if you have objections regarding the operation of this Web site, you may contact the Company.
Go to top